Photography FAQ Pt. 1
This video answers the most frequently asked questions I get each week about photography. If you already know me then you'll be aware I'm not into gadgets and kit. For me the most important thing in photography is an image I can look at and be proud to have taken.
The equipment used to get there is of little interest to me and maybe that's reflected in my answers. However that's me and I'm only being straight with you all.
- Which camera is best for...?
- Should I buy DX or FX?
- How many megapixels is best?
- Should I always use manual mode?
- What is the 'correct' exposure?
- Which lens is best?
- Which focal length is best?
- Do I need to keep updating my camera kit?
- Should I use a UV filter to protect my lens?
These videos will help...
- Which camera should I buy?
- How to make a manual exposure
- Aperture Priority
- Exposure videos
- Types of camera lenses
- Focal length explained
Most of these FAQs are confusing for new photographers because there's no right or wrong answer - there's a choice depending on what you want to achieve. But look on the bright side. Despite all those complicated settings there are only four controls you need to fully understand, shutter, aperture, ISO and focal length.
And as for those endless menus - my friend and colleague Bella West FBIPP FRPS who is one of the best photographers in the UK has NEVER looked in her camera menus!