Free Photography Challenges And Feedback Sessions
Each month a new new photo challenge is issued to our facebook group as a project for you to work on, developing your camera and creative skills.
The Photo Creative Facebook group is a lively, supportive community of over 6,000 photographers of all levels. Monthly live feedback sessions accompany each challenge on my Youtube channel.
Current challenge, dates etc below... ⬇️
It's not expected - but your support is appreciated
We all like to be paid for our work and expertise and there are costs involved with running these challenges. If you have gotten value from them, please consider making a small monthly donation to help. The equivalent cost of 1 take away coffee a month is very much appreciated.
Click 'Make A Donation' for more options.
Current Challenge: #BESTFRIENDS
In this challenge we're looking for things that are best friends. That could be people - or things.
The key is to capture not just the objects, but the relationship and interaction between them to create a story or mood in the frame. And of course you still have to do the photography stuff, like using light, composition and camera skills. Here's a few examples to help kick start the creative thinking.
- Best Friends: Photos that capture their synchronised body language, relationship or shared interest. Like the one above.
- Coffee & Croissant: The perfect pairing for a morning mood shot. The steam rising from a fresh cup of coffee beside a buttery, flaky croissant can evoke feelings of a peaceful morning in a European café.
- Sail Boat and sunshine: This pairing evokes a sense of freedom, adventure, and tranquillity.
How many more connections between people, people and their things or the relationship between objects can you think of?
I suggest writing a list of such things which would interest you, because the more interested you are in the subject, the more likely you are to have ideas or see them around you. It's like when you choose to buy a green and red bicycle because you've never seen one - then suddenly they're everywhere!
Above all take your time - and have fun.
Join this challenge...
- Join the Photo Creative Facebook group
- Upload 1 entry to the #BESTFRIENDS album (available 1 week before closing date)
- Tag your entry #BESTFRIENDS in the description and add a few words about the image
- CLOSES FOR ENTRIES: 11.59PM - 26th November 2023 GMT [UK TIME]
- LIVE FEEDBACK: 7.00PM - 30th November 2023 GMT [UK TIME]
Feedback is Live on YouTube. I'll highlight successful images or coach photographers needing guidance. Due to high participation, not all will receive feedback. But stay positive – learning is limitless!
- ONE image per person per challenge
- Upload your image to designated album in the Facebook group by 23:59pm [UK Time] on the closing date of each challenge
- Include the weekly #hashtag in the text field and a caption which includes the challenge title
- Challenge albums will be open 1 week before challenge closes
No archive or AI images
Please shoot for the challenge. We learn and grow by doing - not sitting back and being lazy. Archive and AI images will be discounted.
If you want guaranteed feedback
join my exclusive Picture Perfect group...
Photo Creative was only intended to be for 12 weeks and stemmed from a time in people's lives where they really had to re-evaluate their approach to photography, and life in general! - Lockdown.
Today it has grown to be a supportive, inspirational and fun - ever growing group of like-minded budding and experienced photographers alike!
Good luck, don't be shy and get stuck in! I look forward to seeing your images...
PS: Sign up to my newsletter below so you never miss challenges, inspiring stories, tips and other good stuff...
Join my exclusive photography community!
Receive top tips, the latest news, and inspiring stories - plus be the first to learn about new and exciting opportunities - all delivered directly to your inbox.