with our photography locked-down challenges (PLD)
Want to lock down your creativity? Cameras are wonderful pieces of tech, but they're not creative. Does your camera have great ideas or see images for you? Does it recognise beautiful qualities of light and use them appropriately, or come up with intriguing compositions? No - that's your job.
You and your creative thinking are the most important things in all photography, but You are often overlooked in favour of the latest upgrade or gadget. There's about 5 camera controls you need, everything else is you.
I have over 25 years experience of professional photography, shooting and consulting for world class companies, running workshops worldwide and teaching at the Xposure International Photography Festival in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
What do I get?
Tutorials and creative challenges that will get you thinking outside the box, seeing more beauty in the world around you and capturing it perfectly - with any camera and at any level. Live feedback sessions on Youtube and prizes for competition winners. These are released every two weeks.
The most friendly, supportive and actively creative Facebook photography group, of all levels from complete beginner upwards.
How much does it cost?
It's free to join in. All I ask is that if you find it valuable, please support us by making a small monthly donation. You can easily cancel if you choose to move on...
How do I join In?
- Enter your details in the form below so we can notify you of each challenge tutorial and live judging / feedback event
- Upload one (1) image to the relevant challenge album in the Photography Locked Down Facebook group
- Make a donation
This Week's Challenge
'Single out to Isolate'
Closing Date: Sunday 11th April 2021 - 11.59 pm [UK Time]
Upload Entries To The #pldisolate Album (in the group)
(please add #pldisolate in the description)
NO archived images please. It defeats the object of the competition
Competition Tag: #pldisolate
(Images without competition tags will not be entered)
To join Live judging and feedback sessions on Youtube, simply visit My Youtube Channel at 19.00pm [UK Time] alternate Thursday evenings. You can see recordings of them on my channel or below.
Enter your email at the top of THIS page and I'll email you a reminder of each challenge and live feedback event so you don't miss anything.
- ONE entry per person - Include the weekly #hashtag in the text field
- Entries MUST be posted to designated album in the Photography Locked Down group by 23:59pm [UK Time] on the closing date of each challenge.
- No archive images. Entries must be taken specifically for each challenge
- Winners get to choose any one of my individual online courses (In Full Focus package not included)
- Runners Up receive a free place on one of my sell-out webinars
Please Help By Sharing PLD...
With your photography friends everywhere. Please use this link and the # below it.