Iceland Photo Workshop Terms & Conditions
To book this workhop please confirm you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions below
All bookings and payments are through Thor Photography / Sif Travel, Esjubraut 9, 300 Akranes, Iceland
- Mike Browne of Picture This (Imaging) Ltd (MBPT) and Thorarinn Jonsson of Thor Photography (TJP) shall not be held liable for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, including but not limited to any defect in any aircraft, watercraft, or vehicle operated or provided by such other provider; and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government or any subdivision or agent thereof, or by acts of God, strikes, ﬁre, ﬂood, war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection, sickness, quarantine, epidemics, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. The participant waives any claim against AA for any such loss, damage, injury, or death.
- By registering for a MBPT / TJP course, the participant certiﬁes that he/she does not have any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or other participants. MBPT / TJP and its designated tour operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant on a MBPT / TJP expedition. MBPT / TJP reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants.
- MBPT / TJP shall not be liable for any air carrier’s cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable ticket to or from the participant’s departure city. Baggage and personal effects are at all times the sole responsibility of the participant.
- Basis of rates: All prices and fares are quoted in US $. The rates are based on current tariffs and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. While we will do everything possible to maintain the listed prices, if it is necessary to levy a surcharge, we reserve the right to do so, and notification will be given at the time of ﬁnal invoicing.
- Included in expedition cost: Accommodation and breakfast as indicated in the itinerary. Pre-departure information; entrance fees, excursions, and tuition noted as included in the itinerary.
- Not included: Air transportation and related fees (except as indicated in the itinerary); activities noted as optional in the itinerary; gratuities for hotel staff; guides unless otherwise noted on the itinerary page; passport and visa expenses; baggage / accident / cancellation insurance; personal expenses, such as laundry, telephone calls, and alcoholic beverages; and any other items not specially noted as included.
- Single/ shared accommodations: A limited number of single rooms may be available at an extra cost (single supplement charge) on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis. In most cases double or twin rooms are available and single occupancy incurs the single supplement charge.
- Payments, cancellations, and refunds: To reserve space on MBPT / TJP destination training courses a 50% non-refundable deposit and ﬁnal payment due on or before the booking deadline prior to course commencement date, or advance payment in full must be made prior to the booking deadline. MBPT / TJP reserve the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate enrolment that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants. If a course is cancelled by MBPT / TJP after the booking deadline confirmation has been sent and prior to departure, we shall provide you with a full refund of monies paid to MBPT / TJP; except in the event cancellation is due to a signiﬁcant event or Force Majeure that makes it infeasible to operate the expedition as planned such as natural disaster, war or other state of emergency.
If you cancel your participation prior to the booking deadline you will be refunded in full. If you cancel your participation after the booking deadline you will not be refunded unless a replacement participant is found before the start of the course / workshop.
In the event of trip cancellation, we will not be responsible for any refund for non-refundable airline tickets or for any airline tickets purchased by the passenger directly from an airline or travel agent. Please do not book travel to Iceland until we confirm the course / workshop. It is your responsibility to buy travel insurance at this time.
- Trip cancellation and equipment insurance is strongly recommended as is your own personal travel insurance. MBPT / TJP accept no responsibility for this type of cover.
- Itinerary changes: The itineraries and staff presented in this brochure are subject to modiﬁcation and change by MBPT / TJP. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate programmes as planned, but alterations may still occur after ﬁnal itineraries are sent.
- Health requirements: You must be in good physical and mental health. Any physical condition, diet, or treatment requiring special attention must be reported in writing when the reservation is made.
- Photography: MBPT / TJP reserve the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any expedition or part thereof and to use the resulting photography for promotional purposes. By making a reservation with MBPT / TJP expeditions, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such photography; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to MBPT / TJP at the commencement of their trip.
- Other: Additional terms and conditions may apply to some expeditions and will be provided with pre-trip mailings.
By registering for a MBPT / TJP expedition, workshop, course, the participant agrees to the responsibility statement and the terms and conditions herein.