How to open ZIP files
Our downloadable photography courses are sent to you as ZIP files
Opening ZIP files on a Mac
- Ensure your software and OS are up to date
- Double click the .ZIP files and OSX will open and un-pack it for you
- Older Macs may need software. Search the APP Store for ZIP and there are loads for free
Opening Zip files on Windows
Windows operating systems can usually .ZIP files just by double clicking - but sometimes...
You can also use specialist software for creating and un-zipping .ZIP files such as CAM UnZip which is free. Or you can buy WinZip or WinRar - though it's unlikely you'll need it.
If you're having problems please do the following.
1. Right click on the digital_photography_exposed.ZIP folder icon
2. Choose 'Open With' - 'Compressed (zipped) Folders'
3. The file will open
If you'd like to set the default for opening ZIPs to 'Compressed (zipped) Folders' please do the following ...
- Go to the bottom of the menu where it says 'Choose Program' (see image above)
- Select 'Compressed (zipped) Folders' from the list (see image below)
- Tick the box at the bottom which says 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'. (see image below)
- Click OK. From now on all Zipped files will open with a double click.