Workshops, Masterclasses and On Location Training Terms and Conditions
By booking onto any of my workshops, masterclasses or other location traing you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
• Mike Browne and Picture This (Imaging) LTD (MBPT) shall not be held liable for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, including but not limited to any defect in any aircraft, watercraft, or vehicle operated or provided by such other provider; and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government or any subdivision or agent thereof, or by acts of God, strikes, ﬁre, ﬂood, war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection, sickness, quarantine, epidemics, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. The participant waives any claim against MBPT or related partners for any such loss, damage, injury, or death.
• By registering for a MBPT course, the participant certiﬁes that he/she does not have any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or other participants. MBPT and its designated tour operator (where applicable) reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant on a MBPT workshop or masterclass. MBPT reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants.
• MBPT shall not be liable for any air carrier’s cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable ticket to or from the participant’s departure city. Baggage and personal effects are at all times the sole responsibility of the participant.
•Included in workshop / masterclass: Tuition only (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary for that workshop, masterclass or training).
• Not included unless otherwise stated in itineraries: Accommodation; Air transportation and related fees; activities noted as optional in the itinerary; gratuities for hotel staff; passport and visa expenses; baggage / accident / cancellation insurance; personal expenses, such as laundry, telephone calls, and alcoholic beverages; and any other items not specially noted as included.
• Payments, cancellations, and refunds: MBPT reserve the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate enrolment that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants. If a course is cancelled by MBPT after the booking deadline confirmation has been sent and prior to departure, we shall provide you with a full refund of monies paid to MBPT; except in the event cancellation is due to a signiﬁcant event or Force Majeure that makes it infeasible to operate the expedition as planned such as natural disaster, war or other state of emergency.
If you cancel your participation prior to the booking deadline you will be refunded in full. If you cancel your participation after the booking deadline you will not be refunded unless a replacement participant is found before the start of the course / workshop.
In the event of trip cancellation, we will not be responsible for any refund for non-refundable airline tickets or for any airline tickets purchased directly from an airline or travel agent.
Please do not book travel to Iceland until we confirm the course / workshop. It is your responsibility to buy travel insurance at this time.
• Trip cancellation and equipment insurance is strongly recommended as is your own personal travel and injury insurance. MBPT accept no responsibility for this type of cover.
• Itinerary changes: The itineraries and staff presented in this brochure are subject to modiﬁcation and change by MBPT. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate programmes as planned, but alterations may still occur after ﬁnal itineraries are sent.
• Health requirements: You must be in good physical and mental health. Any physical condition, diet, or treatment requiring special attention must be reported in writing when the reservation is made.
• Photography: MBPT reserve the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any workshop or masterclass or part thereof and to use the resulting media for promotional purposes. By making a reservation with MBPT, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such photography; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to MBPT at the commencement of their trip.
• Other: Additional terms and conditions may apply to some expeditions and will be provided with pre-trip mailings.
By registering for a MBPT workshop, masterclass or other location based training, the participant agrees to this responsibility statement and the terms and conditions herein.